It’s that time of year again. You need a new phone and you don’t want to spend over $100 on something that will be outdated in six months. But what do you buy? It can be so hard to choose the right smartphone under $50. The key is knowing where to look, and I have done some research for you! In this blog post, we will take a step-by-step guide through buying your next smartphone under $50 and help make the process easy.
Consider your needs
Do you need to use your phone for work, or is it just for personal use? There are some great phones for under $50, but if you need to use your phone as a business tool or web access is very important, it might be worth spending more. This will also increase the cost of replacement should something happen to your device.
If you just want a smartphone for personal use and don’t plan on using any business applications, then you don’t need to spend a lot of money.
Types of Smartphones under $50
There are two types of smartphones that we will be considering: the “dumb phone” and the smartphone with basic functions such as messaging and email. Let’s take a look at each one in more detail below.
- Dumb Phone: You can buy a smartphone under $50 that functions as a true phone. This means you will only be able to use it for calls and text messages, but no web access or applications. If all you want is something simple with good battery life, this could be the right option for you. However, if your friends or family have smartphones, you will probably want something that can keep up with them.
- Basic Smartphone: Basic phones are very similar to dumb phones except they do have internet access and the capability of running applications. They are usually able to run Facebook apps as well as other common social media platforms such as Instagram or Snapchat. These devices may not be the best for business, but they are perfect if you want to stay in touch with your friends and family on social media.
Which Phones Should I Buy?
Now that we have covered the two types of smartphones under $50, let’s start looking at some phones! After doing a lot of research online about these devices, here is my top five list for the best smartphones under $50.
- Samsung Galaxy Express Prime: This is one of my favorite phones on this list because it has a lot to offer, especially considering its low price point. The phone runs Android OS version five (Lollipop) which gives you access to Google Play store and all their applications. It also includes other useful applications such as Google Maps, Gmail, and YouTube. If you are looking for a phone that runs Android OS version six (Marshmallow), I would recommend the LG Sunset L33L instead of this device.
- LG Phoenix P505: This is another really great option if your focus is more on messaging rather than social media or apps. It also runs on Android OS version five (Lollipop) and gives you the option to access the Google Play store.
- HTC Desire 510: This is a great phone that can run applications, but it does not have web capabilities so your only focus will be social media and messaging apps. It runs on Android OS version two point one (Eclair) and is a great phone if you don’t need to make calls.
- Samsung Galaxy Rush: This device has the option to run applications such as Facebook, Twitter or other social media apps, but it does not have web access so I would recommend this one for messaging only. It runs on Android OS version four (Ice Cream Sandwich) and gives you access to the Google Play store.
- LG Optimus Black: This device is great if all you need is a phone for texting and calling people because it does not run on Android OS version five (Lollipop). It also runs on Android OS version four (Ice Cream Sandwich) and only allows messaging apps such as Facebook or Twitter.
If you are looking for a smartphone under $50, I highly recommend the devices listed above. They have good battery life and will help you stay connected to your friends or family on social media platforms. While these phones may not be best suited for business use, they work great as personal tools!